This tutorial will show you the following:
1. How to scrape Etsy.com categories. To follow along you can Start a Project in ParseHub at https://www.etsy.com/ca/c/jewelry/necklaces?ref=catcard-1217-216044426.
2. How to add pagination to a project where you're already extracting multiple elements.
3. How to get a full set of data off of an eCommerce website.
Note: Etsy requires IP rotation to run successfully due to the website's aggressive security features. You might not be able to get all the data you need, as ParseHub's Free tier only offers a maximum of 200 pages per run. You may need to consider upgrading to one of our paid plans!
Building your Etsy project with pagination.
1. Click on the "Select page" command + button that is located on the right of the command. From the toolbox that appears, choose the "Select" tool.
2. Click on the "Next" button element on the page to select it. It will highlight in green when selected.
3. Rename the "Select & Extract selection1" command by clicking on the text and typing in "next_page_button"
4. Click on the + button on the "Select & Extract next_page_button" command. Choose the "Click" tool from the toolbox.
5. You will be asked if the selection is a "next page" button. Click on "Yes" and you will be prompted to "Repeat the Current Template".
Your project will now scrape through all the available pages and repeat the template.
Download this Project
You can download the project that we just created here: Etsy.phj
To open the project in your account, open ParseHub, go to My Projects, click on Import Project and select the file. Note that this project will only work on the Etsy website.