You have the option to add your own list of custom proxies to ParseHub as part of our IP Rotation feature. This is useful if you would like to access a website from a particular country or if you would prefer to use your own proxies instead of the ones we provide for IP Rotation.
Please ensure that your custom proxies have a username and password that you can use.
Please note that custom proxies will need to be enabled on your account, please contact us at email@example.com in order to do so.
Getting information for your custom proxy
1) Open a Firefox browser and go to Preferences.
2) From within this screen, click on the Advanced option on the sidebar, then on the Network tab and go into Settings.
3) Click on the "Manual proxy configuration" radio button. In the "HTTP Proxy" field add the first part of your IP address and in the "Port" field add the second part of your IP address. For example, if your IP address is:
Your "HTTP Proxy" will be everything before the first colon (":"), in this case 33.45.545.5, and your "Port" will be everything before the second colon, in this case 3456.
Click on "OK".
4) Open a new tab in your Firefox browser and open any website where you should get a message that says:
Authentication required: the proxy moz-proxy://33.45.545.5:3456 is requesting a username and password. The site says "thisIsYourRealm.net"
Anything show between the double quotation marks ("") is your realm and should be copied. In this example this is thisIsYourRealm.net
Take note of your proxy and add an additional semi-colon (":") with your realm to the end of it. For example:
This will be the information you will need to add to ParseHub.
Custom Proxy Format
In summary, your custom proxies should be in the following format:
Setting up your custom proxy on your ParseHub account
1) Open up ParseHub and go to the project you would like to add your custom proxy to. Navigate to the "Settings" menu.
2) Under the "Settings" menu click on the checkbox next to "Rotate IP Addresses" and the "Custom Proxy" text box will appear at the bottom of the screen. Paste your proxy along with the realm which you obtained on the first part of this tutorial in the format outlined above:
If you have a list of custom proxies to rotate, you can add each new proxy to the "Custom Proxies" field on a new line.
2) Once you've set up the custom proxies on your account you can save the project and run it.