In this tutorial you will learn how to:
- Run and save your project to collect data
- Download data in CSV and JSON from the ParseHub desktop app
- Download data in CSV and JSON from your account page on the website
- Download data from the email link that is sent to you after the run is complete
RUN YOUR PROJECT TO COLLECT DATA
From a project you are currently working on:
1) Build your project
2) Click "Get Data" in the blue menu dropdown, while in the project editor.
3) Click on the "Run" button
DOWNLOAD YOUR DATA
OPTION 1: Download data in JSON or CSV from the desktop app
1) Wait for ParseHub to finish scraping your website. If you are on the last "Run Screen" in the ParseHub desktop app, you can wait for ParseHub to refresh every few seconds.
When the data is done refreshing you will see the "CSV", "JSON", and "API" buttons turn green. You can click one of these buttons to download your data.
From an old project or if you exit the project you were working on:
2) From the "Home" screen you can click on "My projects"
3) Click on the "Get Data" button beside the project name in the list.
4) You will see a list of your finished runs. Click the "Open" button for the run that you want.
5) On the "Run Screen" click on the "CSV" or the "JSON" buttons to open your results in Excel or JSON.
OPTION 2: Download data from Account Page
1) Wait for ParseHub to finish scraping your website.
2) Go to the ParseHub website and log-in - www.parsehub.com
3) Go to your account page - https://www.parsehub.com/account
4) Now go to the page that lists all of your projects - https://www.parsehub.com/scrapejobs
5) Click "View" to see the results from the run and download them in CSV and JSON
6) Click on the "CSV" or "JSON" buttons to download the project data
OPTION 3: Download data from your email
ParseHub will send you an email when your run is finished. You can follow the link in your email to download your data.
Note that this is the best option if you suspect ParseHub will take more than a few minutes to scrape your website.